RRGCC Climbers That Care 2015
04 January 2016
In 2005, Matt and Amy Tackett organized the first Climbers That Care event to help provide food and clothing to needy families in the Red River Gorge area. The focus of this year’s Climbers That Care event was a food drive benefitting the Lee County, Kentucky Helping Hands Food Bank. The food bank feeds an average of 1,000 people on a monthly basis. With the help of Climb NuLu in Louisville, Kentucky – Climb Time in Cincinnati, Ohio – RockQuest in Cincinnati, Ohio – and Daniel Boone Trading Post in Slade, Kentucky, enough non-perishable food items were collected to fill the cargo area of Subaru Outback. A total of $400 was also collected for the purchase of holiday hams and turkeys. Big thanks go to Rob Moore, Matt Seto, Patty Law, Valerie McDonough, Nancy Hamann, Nick Summe, and Ana Noll for their help in making this a successful event!
Climb Time Donations
- 23 Oct 2016 - Rocktoberfest 2016 Wrap-Up
- 16 Aug 2016 - 20th Anniversary Recurring Donation Promotion
- 09 Aug 2016 - 2016 Johnny and Alex Trail Day Write-up
- 22 Jun 2016 - Sixth For A Cause
- 20 May 2016 - Rocktoberfest - New Location
- 03 May 2016 - Bald Rock Fork Road Speed Limit
- 13 Apr 2016 - Red River Reunion 2016 Recap
- 08 Mar 2016 - Economic Impact of Rock Climbing in the Red River Gorge
- 29 Jan 2016 - The Red River Reunion Climbing Competition Returns!
- 08 Jan 2016 - Proposed White Haired Goldenrod Delisting Ceremony Attended by RRGCC
- 04 Jan 2016 - RRGCC Climbers That Care 2015
- 26 Dec 2015 - Recent Changes in the MFRP …Older Posts