Originally posted on June 5, 2006
I am happy to announce Torrent Falls Sport Climbing will remain open. There has been a total turn around in the area of respect. I believe the No Dog policy was the single biggest and best decision. Also the Portolet on the property has helped. Although we occasionally still get the people pissing in my yard, it has greatly changed. The level of awareness by all those great people in “getting the word out”, has also made a great difference. Thanks to all of you for helping.
The following rules still apply
1. No Dogs or Pets
2. Use the Portalets, not my yard.
3. Do not ask to use the rest room at the B&B or main house.
4. Do not move the chairs from around the fire pit.
5. No fires.
6. Do not use ropes or routes designated for Torrent Falls use.
7. Park at the bottom parking lot and do not block parking designated for cabin use only.
8. Do not park in the paved parking lot at the Torrent Church.
9. A donation of $2.00 per person is strongly recommended.
10. Do not litter.
11. No foul language.
12. Be considerate to the owners of the property and it’s guests.
13. No rappelling with the exception of finishing a climbing route.
14. No night climbing.
15. Climbing ends at dusk.
16. No parking your car here and leaving the crag.
17. Use existing trails.
18. Limit climbing groups to 6 or less. No swarming the crag.
Thanks for your cooperation and thanks to the RRGCC.