Already registered? Looking for your confirmation PDF? Head to the Rocktoberfest Confirmation Page.
The Meaty Info
Rockin' out October 5th, 6th, and 7th ¶ Based at Natural Bridge Campgrounds ¶ Evening events typically start around 5pm ¶ You're welcome to camp on the grounds ¶ Cash is best, credit cards are accepted, checks are scoffed at ¶ All proceeds are used to fund the PMRP ¶ Registration at the event is more expensive.. so do it now ;) ¶ For the latest updates and info, find Rocktoberfest 2012 on Facebook.
For even more information, check out the Rocktoberfest posts on this site.
- Camping and parking is included and is on site at the Natural Bridge Campgrounds.
- Emily Harrington's slideshow covering her trip to Mt. Everest and the adventure she found. Despite being mainly a sport climber, Emily found a new world in the alpine environment. Check out her story as she shares it!
- First choice of camping spots (limited sites with water and electric hookups)
- First dibs at vendors and all their demo gear
- Goofing around at crate stacking while Bluegrass Bouldering and J&H Lanmark run the show and toss some great gear your way.
(Will cost $7 at the door)
- Climbing competition at the Pendergrass-Murray Recreational Preserve
- Competition will be based on endurance - number of bolts clipped and the difficulty of the route will both factor into the point system.
- Sign up is from 9-10am at the venue or at the Sore Heel Parking Lot.
- Participants must have their own transportation to and from Sore Heel. 4WD or AWD is strongly recommended.
- The competition will last from 9am to 4pm and the winners will be announced at the venue on Saturday night.
- Camping and parking is included and is on site
- Free swag from every angle! T-shirts, posters, stickers, gear and much more.
- Silent auction with a ton of top end gear from our gracious sponsors!
- Plus we'll have plenty of sideshow competitions and plenty more to attract your distractable eyes and ears..
(Will cost $15 at the door)
Bourbon and Toulouse will be treating us to their always incredible treats. We will be offering gluten-free options in meaty, veggie, and vegan varieties. Don't miss out.. Below is our likely menu.
- Jamabalaya - Meaty, Gluten-Free
- Red Beans with Smoked Sausage - Meaty, Gluten-Free
- Cajun Red Chili - Meaty, Gluten-Free
- Artichoke and Parmesan Cream with Mushrooms - Veggie
- Black Beans and Caramelized Corn - Veggie, Gluten-Free
- Vegan Black Beans - Vegan, Gluten-Free
(Will cost $7 at the door)
Elite Climbing :: Advanced – Kris Hampton
Are you stuck at climbing 5.12 and looking to push your limits and break into 5.13 and beyond? Kris Hampton from The Power Company will share with you the habits he's learned from some of the best climbers in the world. Not only how to train to push past your plateau, but how to structure your climbing day, how to approach hard redpoints, and the mental space needed to climb to your potential.
Quick Fix Techniques :: All Levels - Karsten Delap
What do you do when you’re cleaning a route and your locking biner gets stuck and you cannot seem to get it open? What do you do when a bit of hair gets stuck in your rappel device? How do you get back on the rock when your feet are dangling in space and you cant quite reach the roof – and your partner is belaying from above? Karsten Delap of Fox Mountain Guides will answer these questions and more. He will give you quick fix techniques for some of the most annoying and troublesome problems that arise in climbing.
Footwork and Technique :: Beginner – Margarita Martinez
Learn to rely less on brute strength and more on finesse, balance, and technique. Believe it or not, you can cheat gravity with the right body position, footwork, and relaxed grip.
Multipitch Efficiency :: Beginner/Intermediate - Brittany Griffith
This is your chance to learn muti-pitch systems with a focus on equipment, route-finding, belaying, safety, and speed. Multi-pitch systems can be incredibly complex, and the best way to refine your skills is to examine each part of the system by itself. In this course, we will do just this: look at every element of your system and help you to make it better. On this course, we do not climb a multi-pitch route, but use a ground school to practice the specific systems required to climb a multi-pitch route effectively. Once you have completed this course, you will be able to take the skills learned in this setting and apply them to long multi-pitch climbs.
Intro To Trad :: Beginner/Intermediate - Shingo Ohkawa
This course gives you the skills to start working through safely leading a traditional climb.
Learn to Lead :: Beginner – Emily Harrington
Take your climbing skills to the next level and learn how to lead, follow and clean sport routes.
Burl Like A Girl :: Intermediate – Audrey Sniezek
In this clinic Audrey Sniezek will teach you to climb powerfully from a female prospective. You'll come away feeling more comfortable with working challenging routes. You’ll learn how to develop powerful climbing.
Sport and Redpointing :: Intermediate – Kevin Wilkinson and Alli Rainey and Blake Bowling
Climbing 5.9 and wanting to improve? This clinic will teach you how to move beyond the plateau. Kevin and Alli will explain the art of choosing a project, how to train for the project, how to safely catch a fall, and more!
Intro to Sport Climbing with Beginner Tactics :: Beginner – Nick Duttle
Held at Left Field and Playground and taught by Nick Duttle
In this clinic you will learn about sport climbing. Learn how to rock climb, tie in, belay, and move on the rock. Nick will focus on tactics beginners can use to advance their skills.
How to Rehab Climbing Injuries and Prevent Future Injuries with “Yoga for Climbers” to Enhance Your Performance - Aika Yoshida
Held at the venue and taught by Aika Yoshida
Are you dealing with climbing injuries? Do you want to learn what kind of exercises may be beneficial to prevent injuries and enhance your performance? Aika Yoshida, Doctor of Physical Therapy and Register Yoga Teacher, will go over rehabilitating common climbing injuries. She will also lead short session of yoga to offer some benefits of yoga specifically for climbers and a breathing technique that you can apply on the wall.
- When you pre-order shirts, you guarantee that you'll have one set aside for you.
- We don't have the design finalized just yet but we promise they are stylish.
- MntRanks is putting together this year's shirts so you know the above point is true.
- Women! Just so you're aware - the shirts can often be sized a little small so you mean want to upsize a touch.
(Will cost $15 at the door)
- It's good, solid karma.
- Claim it on your taxes (we're 501c3, which means we're cool with Uncle Sam).
- It helps secure more than 400 routes.
- Your mom would be proud.. (really, she would)
Confirm Your Selections
We really couldn't be much more excited about having you there Rocktoberfest weekend. We're looking forward to having a good time and celebrating one of the most significant climbing acquisitions in the nation. Come prepared!
Your Confirmation Code
Your Confirmation Code is :
Hang on to this. If anything gets crazy at registration, this will come in handy.
To secure your choices and your prices, you must pay now. If you don't, not only will we shake our heads in disappointment when you show up at the registration desk but also ask you to shell out a few extra bucks since paying at the door will be more expensive. That and we can't guarantee that your selections now will be available at the event unless you pay.